Sunday, January 25, 2015

Here's Some World Series Winners !

Quick post with two "vintage" Yankee autos. Well to be honest, the autos are not old but ther players are !! Both were fairly cheap but I think it's awesome to get my hands on an auto by players from the 50ties (depsite not having seen them play :-)).

First up, Tony Kubek who played for the Yankees between 1957 and 1965 as the short-stop. I love the America's Pastime set that Panini did last year, although I would have prefered the absence of the sticker ! Tony was Rookie of the Year in 1957 and won 3 world series !


Next up, Don Larsen, a cool addition to my Pitchers PC !! Don played for a stream of different clubs in the 50ties and 60ties and played for the Yankees between 1955 and 1959, winning two world series and even becoming a world series MVP !!






That's it for today, hope to add some more oldies to my collection !!



Thanks for visiting my blog today !


4 comments:

  1. I never saw Tony Kubek play but I did grow up listening to him broadcasting baseball games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cool, wasnt aware he did that as well after his playing days !

      Delete
  2. You can never go wrong with a Larsen autograph! I just picked up two myself also!

    ReplyDelete