Sunday, July 27, 2014

Finally Ripping it !!

The moment we have all been waiting for, or at least I have !!  Let's RIP the double RIP card and see if anyone guessed the contents right ! Here we go ! First thing that appeared were two black thin pieces of plastic, as indicated before by some, to make sure you can't use light to see what's in the RIP card without opening it.



Now let's move to the fun part ! As said, a double RIP card is supposed to contain 2 minis, or at least that is what most sites say. So here's what I found !  No-one guessed it exactly correct but two regular readers came close ! Combining the answers by Chris (Nachos Grande) and AJ (the Lost Collector) leads to the correct answers, i.e. a Yankees, Ellsbury, Mini-RIP card. So I consider them as "winners" of the contest and they should watch the mail box the coming weeks for a nice package from the Netherlands ! No 2nd mini in the RIP card by the way, "just" this one.


This provides me with the next dillema: To RIP or not to RIP !! Yes, it's a Yankee (since this season) and it's numbered to only 25 ! But hey, we are not going to stop here !! So let's RIP this one as well !! Here's what it got me !

A tiny mini Adrian Beltre 1/1. It's not metal, it's not wood, it's doesn't look glossy, but it is tiny and has a 1/1 stamp on the back. A shame it wasn't a redemption card for a set of framed-relics or any player I collect but of course the chances on that where tiny at best. So a little disappointed to be honest but it was a fun ride and I can take off my bucket list both Ripping a double-RIP card, a mini-RIP card and pulling a tiny mini 1/1.

Not sure yet what I am going to do with this one, most sell for a nice bit or maybe someone offers me a Glavine or Kershaw 1/1 for it !!

16 comments:

  1. DAMMIT BRIAN!!!!! How did you beat me this time?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judson, Brian was a bit quicker but that doesn't mean he now get's to automatically have the mini so happy to entertain offers :-))

      Delete
  2. I am still not sure whether or not I like the mini rip cards or not.... but since it leads to even more minis...i suppose its all good.... nice pull!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I think the best part is the thrill of the rip. I'm glad you ripped them all. I had fun guessing which card it would be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of COURSE it was a Yankee. Shoulda guessed the Yankees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pull - and I'm glad you got a mini rip (not just because I guessed it either)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Very nice pull.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is kind of cool but I am still just confused why they would introduce a mini Rip card with a mini mini inside. It is like a parallel of a parallel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jeroen, would you mind taking the time to scan/photo all three next to each other? I'm so intrigued by this little tiny card inside a mini-RIP card which was inside another regular sized card.

    How small is that little Beltre? How thick was the original RIP card? So many questions a picture or scan could clear up for me.

    Another post would be great or just send a picture to mrcoach00 at yahoo dot com. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha, funny I got the player right. Cool that you ended up with a 1/1. Hope you had funny ripping the two cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have to rip both sides of the double rip. The other side (Hanley Ramirez side) would have the second mini you didn't see. You can't get both minis by ripping one side.

    I just saw that you sent it to Night Owl. Still a great a card and awesome that you got a mini-rip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dont believe that was the case, maybe because it was a mini rip with another card inside so technically already two cards, but maybe i have been stupid and did not notice the beautiful red glavine or kershaw auto mini on the other side !!

      Delete
    2. Gotcha, just caught a video on youtube that showed I was wrong. My double rip had a metal mini and an EXT mini, so I didn't have first hand experience. My bad.

      Delete