Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Allen & Ginter Box 3 !

Time for the final Box, box 3 of my Allen & Ginter break ! Clearly box 2 disappointed but this one is going to make up for that !!!

Let's start with the box topper. This time not a large card as is usually the case but actually a tiny little envelop !! I had no clue what I was going to find in there as I had never heard of these so I was very excited. Here's what I got !

All these red minis are numbered to /33 and look pretty cool. Still making up my mind if I am going to chase these or not (probably not, too much to chase already !)

More minis in the rest of the box, including Robin Hood and a cat or a Sphynx as they call it !!


 More Pastime, here's Glavine !!!! and Trout !


Another cool Fields of Lore card, love the way these look !


More inserts ! First up, Moscow...clearly in the Netherlands we are not happy with the Russians today after what has been happening in the last week or so. I read a statistic that as a % of population the events of last week had, for us, a higher death toll as a % of population compared to 9/11 (because we are a small country of course). Anyways, let's not compare tragedies as they are all incredibly horrible and should not happen in the first place. Let's turn to the positive and point to the cool Natural Wonder card and a nice Festivals and Fairs card.




Now let's move to the hits of the box, meet Fielder and a guy named Riess, apparently a poker player. Both are for trade !



Now let's turn to the best card of the box, a RIP card numbered to only 5. Given that this is my first (and likely only) RIP card I will ever pull I think it deserves a seperate post. This should also help to discuss the question: To RIP or not to RIP !!

Is this a proper cliffhanger or not :-)) hope to see you back tomorrow for the RIP card discussion !!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the rip card! If you don't chase the red minis let me know what it would take to get that Helen Keller.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sure, it's yours, time for another trade anyway !!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the rip card! I've never seen one in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the rip card never seen one in person. Just the other day Matt and I were discussing this very topic to rip or not

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's odd, in my red mini pack I got Maris, Keller, Robinson and Smith. The only one different is I had Juan Gonzalez instead of Eck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Red minis, huh? I wonder if there's anyone who tries to collect every single thing in A&G, and whether they've gone insane yet.

    ReplyDelete