Monday, June 22, 2015

Some Yankees Vintage !

A while back I noticed some autographed vintage cards of several, for me unknown, Yankees.One of those was of Bob Carv, a Yankees outfielder in the 50ties and 60ties. So for only a few dollars I was able to get my hands on this beauty, a signed Topps 1956 card !!



Apparently, Bob Cerv was an outfielder that played for the Yankees on and off. The first time between 1951 and 1956, the second time in 1960 and his third run during the 1961-1962 season. In between these periods he had a short stint with the Dodgers and the Kansas City Athletics. Bob was an All-Star in 1958 and was part of the Yankees team that won the World Series in 1956. All in all it seems like he had a fun career by the looks of it.

Hope to score some more of these Vintage cards in the future !

Thanks for visiting my blog today !

2 comments:

  1. Bob Cerv, the man everyone thought my blog used to be named after.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, didnt make that connection yet but makes sense :-)

      Delete